Following Atticus: Forty-Eight High Peaks, One Little Dog, and an Extraordinary Friendship by Tom Ryan is published by William Morrow. It tells the story of my adventures with Atticus M. Finch, a little dog of some distinction. You can also find our column in the NorthCountry News.

Tuesday, May 08, 2012

Limited Edition Map of the 4,000-Footers of the White Mountains

Atticus M. Finch with his pawtograph and a copy of the map.
Here it is! The beautiful map of the 48 4,000-foot peaks of New Hampshire created by Jackson, NH artist Kathy Speight Kraynak for our book Following Atticus: Forty-Eight High Peaks, One Little Dog, and an Extraordinary Friendship

When I approached Kathy about doing a map for the end papers of our book I told her I wanted something reminiscent of Tolkien's maps but at the same time different.  I wanted her to create something that would give the viewer a sense of the quest and yet have it be geographically accurate.  When I saw what she had come up with I was stunned.  It was perfect and better than anything that I had imagined. 

Since the book has come out a multitude of readers have asked if there was somewhere they could get a copy of the map.  Until now they couldn't. 

However, Kathy has created a stunning reproduction of the black and white print measuring 18" x 12" on 80# felt stock.  These prints look superb matted and framed in a standard 16' x 20" frame.
We decided we wanted to do something different with the maps and so we've made a limited edition of 250 hand-numbered prints signed by both author and artist, more importantly they carry Atticus M. Finch's 'pawtograph'.  And better yet, a portion of each sale will go to the Animal Rescue League of New Hampshire - North, our local animal shelter lovingly run by Virginia Moore. 

Each print is $30 and includes shipping and handling and there are two ways to purchase.  You can order directly through Kathy's website
kathyspeightkraynak.com or you can pay by check.  If you wish to pay by check please make it payable to Kathy Speight Kraynak and mail it to P.O. Box 441, Jackson, NH 03846.   

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'll be watching for my print....so excited! Great idea!

Maureen said...

Just ordered one for myself and one as a retirement present for a friend, neighbor, fellow hiker and artist whom I hope doesn't buy one for himself first. He doesn't retire until August but I may give it to him early just so he doesn't!!

pam and the ojai pack said...

Love this So much....saving my money for this too!
Love, Pam and the Ojai pack