Following Atticus: Forty-Eight High Peaks, One Little Dog, and an Extraordinary Friendship by Tom Ryan is published by William Morrow. It tells the story of my adventures with Atticus M. Finch, a little dog of some distinction. You can also find our column in the NorthCountry News.

Monday, October 10, 2011

USA Character Approved Blog Writes About Following Atticus

The USA Character Approved Blog focuses on Following Atticus today.  The blogger, Ben Hogan, writes: "Ryan is a compelling narrator, balancing his personal revelations with careful observations of Atticus's behavior; when the dog's health takes a turn for the worse, readers feel the anxiety and frustration as keenly as Ryan himself must have. Despite all the adversity life threw at them, the two continue to push forward, buoyed by the beauty of the mountains. (Ryan is still posting regular updates on his blog, even during their book tour.) Following Atticus will inspire not just dog lovers, but anyone who's looking for that extra little bit of courage it takes to break away from the non-essentials and start a simpler, happier life."

The USA Character Approved Blog has this to say about itself: "The Character Approved blog celebrates the people, places and things that are making a mark by positively influencing our cultural landscape. They're Character Approved - recipients of USA Network's seal of approval."

To see the entire blog post click here:
USA Character Approved Blog Climb Every Mountain with Tom & Atticus.  (And I must say that's it great to see Joe Carter's wonderful book trailer get this much play!)

6 comments:

vanyelmoon said...

Awesome publicity! I do agree, traveling the mountains with Atticus is a beautiful journey to a much more simple, sustainable existence. It is amazing what you can do without when in nature.

vvn said...

My family and I have been very fortunate to have also had a miniature schnauzer be part of our lives. He lived with us for 18 years and till this very day, we fondly remember his character and spirit. Such a blessing and privilege to have these lovely beings touch our life.

Just Jess said...

This is amazing! I just randomly came across your blog and am enthralled for so many reasons- my little dog's name is Scout Finch, and we've spent a lot of time hiking mountains and are getting ready for lots more! I am going to buy or order your book tomorrow. Congratulations on all your success- you have just made my day!

Sandy said...

What a heartwarming story! I love this! I was just wandering around in blog land and came upon this - so very beautiful!
Good luck to you!


Sandy

Anonymous said...

Tom: I am only on page 21 and your story has me laughing out loud...what a terrific writer you are! (I know there is sadness coming but sadness is part of life too.) I am spellbound with this book and hardly want to turn the pages. You know about Dewey, the library cat..well, there are angel wings on those of you who heed the calling of such fabulous "friends" like Max, Dewey and Atticus. I hope you will be coming to Minnesota on a tour. Your book is just what I needed right now. Judy

himalay137 said...

awesome...your story touch my heart....I really like this...
thanks a lot
http://smaart-trader.blogspot.com