Following Atticus: Forty-Eight High Peaks, One Little Dog, and an Extraordinary Friendship by Tom Ryan is published by William Morrow. It tells the story of my adventures with Atticus M. Finch, a little dog of some distinction. You can also find our column in the NorthCountry News.

Tuesday, December 02, 2008

A High-Flying Dog and his Curiosity of Cats




Atticus and I have moved our operations to North Conway for two weeks. We're house/dog/cat sitting for a friend. While here we are exploring the woods around North Conway and hope to get some good hikes in. You can see how happy Atticus is to be here by his high-flying photo above. You'll also note his curiosity of cats. (He's not sure what to make of them.) Hopefully while here I'll get an opportunity for some good writing. I've also included a photo of the view of the back deck here. Mt. Washington is in the clouds but you can see Adams' pointy top.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a gorgeous shot of the White Mountains! I'm tempted to paint it. Don't worry, I wouldn't without getting your permission first. But I have been working on a series of paintings of the range. In fact, I found your blog while doing a blog search on the White Mountains.

The cat and dog shot is great too...looks like a Maine Coon cat. They're all great. Atticus in mid-air is so cute too.

Brian