Following Atticus: Forty-Eight High Peaks, One Little Dog, and an Extraordinary Friendship by Tom Ryan is published by William Morrow. It tells the story of my adventures with Atticus M. Finch, a little dog of some distinction. You can also find our column in the NorthCountry News.

Sunday, January 27, 2008

Federico Garcia Lorca

Give me back the soul I had
Of old, when I was a child,
Ripened with legends,
With a feathered cap
And a wooden sword
~Federico Garcia Lorca

These words are taken from within a Lorca poem. I think they are beautiful and they have something to do with our Bonds traverse planned for tomorrow. The thought arose in me when I received a private message from a thoughtful couple on one of the on-line hiking sites. Just figured I would share them with you before heading off to sleep and then to hike. But more about this in the coming days as it is already past my bedtime and Atticus is already snoring and taking up the better part of the bed.